This site is owned and operated by Power Flow Systems, Inc. (herein referred to as Power Flow Systems). Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. Because we gather certain types of information about our customers and users of our website, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it. Power Flow Systems also acts as the sales, manufacturing and technical support for a related company, Laminar Flow Systems, Inc. Customer information may be shared between these two companies as they are stored in common databases but will not be released to any outside party.
Power Flow Systems gathers two types of information about users:
- Customer specific information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. This can include e-mail addresses, aircraft registration information, phone number, address, or aircraft type.
- Information Power Flow Systems gathers through aggregated tracking information derived from cookies on our website. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertising partners (such as Google) better understand the demographics of our audience. This information is not correlated to individual users.
Power Flow Systems gathers User Information via the following processes:
OPTIONAL VOLUNTARY INFORMATION
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches):
- We offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Power Flow Systems gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided at the bottom of every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page.
- Message boards/forums policy:
- Users of the site's Message Boards and Forums must register separately for these services in order to post messages, although they needn't register to visit the website. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
- We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Power Flow Systems may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Power Flow Systems may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We may use or publish the aggregate data but we will never share any of this information about specific individuals with any other third party.
- Contact forms:
- Can be verbal, entered on the website by the user, or given to us voluntarily at an event that we are present at (such as an airshow or other expo). We retain the information given in the initial request. Anyone may request to no longer receive marketing contact from us. If you are or have been a customer, we will retain purchase information as per FAA requirements in order to be able to contact you in the future with any necessary information.
- Telephone contact:
- Power Flow Systems may contact you by telephone for the purposes of order confirmation, payment confirmation, notification of order shipping, technical support, or marketing purposes. Anyone may request to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
In the case of Power Flow Systems customers who have made a purchase from us, we retain information such as your name, address, aircraft information, email address, and phone number for the purposes of required FAA record keeping, and order history so that we can track parts sold or technical support that has been requested. Any payment information, including credit card information, is stored in accordance with PCI compliance standards. It is stored for the purposes of: paying balances of approved sales per the invoice, issuing refunds, and as a method of payment of additional customer approved invoices.
Power Flow Systems tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Power Flow Systems operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters or to unsubscribe at any time from our emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users