Power Flow Systems Forum  

Go Back   Power Flow Systems Forum > PFS Forum > Beech 19/23 Series > Installation Discussion

Unread 08-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default Frequently asked installation questions

Over the coming weeks, our staff will be posting our customer's model specific installation questions as well as our answers and guidance from our notes. Eventually, this will create a searchable knowlege base that may be of help to people in similar situations.

Feel free to post your situation and what you did to overcome it. We'll chime in if we have something to add or if we know that your solution might not work with another known configuration.

8 years, 3000 plus exhaust installations and we still run into new "challenges."
Unread 09-03-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Cowl opening

Hi Darren, I installed the powerflow onto my A23-19. I didn't need the supplied flange as it turned out I had room for the original ducting. Also, instead of adding the reducer for the carb heat and air intake in the muffler shroud, I simply removed the wire form the ducting and then used a hose clamp to hold it in place. The extra material from the 3" scat attaching to the 2 1/2 inch flange didn't cause a sealing issue. This also allowed room for the carb box. Had I put the reducer in place, it would have allowed the ducting to the carb heat to move rearward and into the nose wheel steering area causing it to rub. By using the 3" duct with the wire removed, it didn't cause this to occur. I also enlarged the cowl opening 1 1/2 inches, length wise. This gave the necessary clearance as required in the install instructions. I added a doubler to the opening. Overall, it was an easy install. The attachment of the duct to the lower cowl and fresh air inlet of the shroud was a real bear but, it would be anyway. The powerflow opens up the back of the engine and makes oil changes a snap. Overall, I'm pleased.
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default Sport SCAT Connections

Bob,

Thank you for your feedback on the SCAT connections. As you are probably aware, you are the first person to actually install the PFS on the earliest configuration of the Sport. I'm glad you worked out an alternative and we will try to direct other owners with the same configuration to your suggestion.

Many thanks and happy flying.
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Default Weight of original Exhaust on B19?

There are two different general configurations of exhaust systems on the Beech aircraft. Generally, aircraft older than 1970 have a firewall mounted muffler. 1970 and later have a smaller muffler configuration that is located forward of the oil sump.

Our installation instructions don't specify a weight for the original muffler system. From our own experience, a "newer" system that is entirely mounted forward of the firewall weighed 14 pounds at station 48.

The rear/firewall mounted muffler system will weigh a lot more, but I don't have the actual number.