Power Flow Systems Forum  

Go Back   Power Flow Systems Forum > PFS Forum > Mooney > General Performance

Unread 02-01-2008, 05:15 PM

I'm not sure why this all came up in response to my post, but just to avoid any confusion: This is the Mooney forum and I was posting Mooney-specific data; the Mooney obviously has a constant speed prop. The whole fixed-pitch discussion seems valid enough, but it may confuse people to have that discussion in the Mooney forum since it would not apply to Mooneys.

That being said, I won't pretend that I understand the physics involved at all. All I know is that in my Mooney, I am flying the same power settings as before and seeing a cruise speed increase as detailed in the original post.

M
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:24 PM

Default Mooney specific data

I understand the confusion by posting this discussion in the Mooney section. I was just perusing the Mooney section because I own a Mooney and I am considering installing the system on my E model. I do not doubt the validity of your report of increased cruise speeds and I do understand the physics involved. I should have posted my question in the fixed prop section. Nonetheless, my concerns have been addressed and the moderators have agreed that my concerns were correct for fixed prop applications. I wish you success with the Mooney!

Last edited by wsinsel; 02-11-2008 at 11:19 PM.